The Family Rafting Experience on the Orange River in the Richtersveld is suitable for the whole family. You do not need any previous experience or rafting skills to partake in this adventure. A moderate level of fitness is all that you will have to bring along. Umkulu has created a family adventure experience at a competitive price. The Family Rafting Experience is for specific departure dates. Groups will consist of families only, and the route we paddle is perfect for exploring the Richtersveld region along the banks of the Orange River.
Why The Family Rafting Experience on the Orange River?
It is the perfect outdoor adventure and suitable for everyone in your family. Our route will include some paddling, rafting, floating, hiking, fishing and relaxing on the banks of the Orange River. It is an adventurous but safe environment and the perfect mode of transport through the Richtersveld Desert. We have shortened the distance to focus more on the outdoor experience of the Richtersveld. The rafting experience gives us ample time to enjoy our adventure. You will also have time to explore and learn about this Mountain Desert in South Africa.
Our campsites will be on the banks of the river, and we have no designated sites, as here we can exprience nature. The Richtersveld is one of few areas in Southern Africa where you can still sleep under the stars. The unpolluted night skies also offer spectacular stargazing. Our guides are professionally trained, and all meals will be on open fires. We pride ourselves on serving fresh, wholesome meals and can cater for special dietary requirements.
Highlights of the Family Rafting Experience!
- The family rafting is an Outdoor Adventure specifically for families
- Enjoy the opportunity to sleep under the stars of the Richtersveld
- You will have an excellent time hiking, swimming and fishing
- This rafting trail is an opportunity to discover the hidden treasures of the Richtersveld Desert
- Learn how to navigate an inflatable raft down the Orange River
- You can meet like-minded families or bond with your own family